1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tip Of The Day - 11/21/05 - Vonage

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Sean Adams, Nov 22, 2005.

1. djlawn

djlawn LawnSite Member

Yes. If you even go on vacation, you could take your "phone line" with you. The only thing that you have to remember is that you need a high speed internet connection because Vonage works off of TCP/IP. I have a friend that when he comes up to visit he brings his modem with him and can use his phone up here to make and receive calls.
  2. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

I just switched to vonage and had a few problems starting out. I switched from a 2.4 to a 5.8 ghz phone and that helps solve some of the problems. Also had my router too close to my modem. I think I have most of the problems hammered out now. I did find out that I have to make sure I have the bandwidth set to the highest quality setting for my tivo to be able to dial and make a connection.
  3. jdgent

jdgent LawnSite Member

I have had Vonage for over a year now and have not one complaint. I use Comcast as my internet provider with a download rate close to 5 meg...compaired to BellSouth's 700 K. I also have a cell phone for those times when the service goes out. My home phone (vonage) rings four times and then transfers to my cell phone (free), I have caller ID (free) so I know how to answer the phone, and I have a dedicated fax line....$39 a month for two lines. My phone bill went from around $80 to $90 a month for one line to $39 a month for two...If you do the math Vonage is paying for my high speed data provider...