Tip speed

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Downunder Bob, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Downunder Bob

Downunder Bob LawnSite Member

The new mini fastrac has a high tip speed, is this from useing smaller spindle pulleys, or increasing engine revs ? Also is it possible,(by useing smaller pulleys) to increase the tip speed of a 18/44 fastrac?
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The new Mini FasTrak uses different blades and pulleys, this is the reason why it has a higher blade tip speed.
    The spindle pulleys off the Hustler Mini Z will fit the FasTrak and give you a higher blade tip speed if needed, in most cases it is not needed.

3. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

My fastrak 18hp 44" needs faster tip speed!! It willnt even cut down danilions or clover. And i have the blower bagger on it an the right blade cuts like **** with that extra belt on the pulley used for the bagger. So i bought high lift blades an that seems to work good. But i want a better cut so i am getting smaller pulleys put on and then im going to double blade so i know im getting the best cut. Other then that if your having problems with its cut and your not running a bagger just try high lift blades. I want to find a suspension seat for my mower anyone know what one to get?