Tip to use for best control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DUSTYCEDAR, Dec 23, 2008.

1. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

here is a pic out of the basf book on the different tips and the coverage of them

Picture 002.jpg

2. SpreadNSpray

SpreadNSpray LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

What are you trying to control? Dollar spot? Also what product are you spraying and what equipment?

3. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

SORRY I WAS just showing the differance of the tips posted for others to see
    i am slow on the follow up

4. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks for the upload. This confirms what I have always practiced. I do not expect good control from flood jet nozzles run at high speeds and low volumes. For fungicides, which I do apply regularly, those go down in 2-3 gallons per M, XR Teejet nozzles and at sufficient pressure to penetrate the turf. Normally that is 60-80 PSI and no more than 5MPH. If I wanted to win a race, I would get out of the lawn business. All of the pesticides go through field testing and are applied in a very specific manner. I want to achieve the same results that got the product approved and registered. I know products are applied through flat fan nozzles, at a specific pressure, and at an adequate volume per acre when they are being evaluated. What is done with them when they are released to LCOs is another story.