1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

tipping the lawn guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowing king, Dec 23, 2001.

1. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

I saw on the Wall St. journal report that the proper Christmas tip for the lawn guy is one visits fee. That would make a nice christmas.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've always thought the right way to tip a lawn guy is to get 12 beers in him first and then tip him. They go over just like a cow.

So far I've gotten 3 12 packs of Coors Light longnecks, a $35.00 dollar check and a 25 dollar gift certificate to the OutBack Steak House.

3. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

yall suck i havent gotten crap!! only thing i got was a chance to shoot an old 7.62mm turkish mauser! it was good though:D

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Grass Slayer

Glad you didn't get shot. Our your customer trying to tell you something??

5. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

A whole bag full of satsumas- tasted great but I'm still kolding out hope for some red wine!

Cordially,
    Sheppard

6. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

The best tip I ever got was from my favorite client. He gave me all his old stereo equipment from when he used to DJ. Ya about $2500 worth of comercial DJ equipment. :D

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i got a $75 tip from one customer this year. a few others gave me a tip too, but i thought that was generous of them. i dont expect tips, but it sure was nice to receive.

8. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I got a $10 gift card to starbucks and a $15 tip It makes me feel special!!!!!!!!!!

9. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

I have gotten a card, a bottle of red wine, $15.00 and $20.00.
    I haven't checked the mail, so there may be more (I hope).

10. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

I dont expect tips either but I did get 3 $20.00 checks in the mail. It does make you feel they appreciate the work you do for them.