tipping the lawn guy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowing king, Dec 23, 2001.

1. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

I saw on the Wall St. journal report that the proper Christmas tip for the lawn guy is one visits fee. That would make a nice christmas.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I've always thought the right way to tip a lawn guy is to get 12 beers in him first and then tip him. They go over just like a cow.

So far I've gotten 3 12 packs of Coors Light longnecks, a $35.00 dollar check and a 25 dollar gift certificate to the OutBack Steak House.

3. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

yall suck i havent gotten crap!! only thing i got was a chance to shoot an old 7.62mm turkish mauser! it was good though:D

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Grass Slayer

Glad you didn't get shot. Our your customer trying to tell you something??

5. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

A whole bag full of satsumas- tasted great but I'm still kolding out hope for some red wine!

Cordially,
    Sheppard

6. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

The best tip I ever got was from my favorite client. He gave me all his old stereo equipment from when he used to DJ. Ya about $2500 worth of comercial DJ equipment. :D

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i got a $75 tip from one customer this year. a few others gave me a tip too, but i thought that was generous of them. i dont expect tips, but it sure was nice to receive.

8. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I got a $10 gift card to starbucks and a $15 tip It makes me feel special!!!!!!!!!!

9. GrassChopper

GrassChopper LawnSite Member

I have gotten a card, a bottle of red wine, $15.00 and $20.00.
    I haven't checked the mail, so there may be more (I hope).

10. E-man

E-man LawnSite Member
    from PA

I dont expect tips either but I did get 3 $20.00 checks in the mail. It does make you feel they appreciate the work you do for them.