Tips for 2008

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frue, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

As most of you I am running my end of the year reports and thought about what could I do better in 08. So I am going to start to give you some tips on what I have done to make it thus far in the bus.

1. I cannot stress this enough no your numbers. Ask yourself these questions
    how many hours did I work, what does it cost to run the business, what is my hourly rate for the year, and do I do time studys on my work performed.

2. Watch trusting other Lcos they will try to lead you in the best interest of there own business. Remeber in the end you are taking a piece of the oveall pie.

3. Keep debt low. The lower the cost the more control you have over your life.

Thats just a few tips for 2008. Its now your turn to add to this thread.
    Finally I leave you with this quote it is my own "YOU CANNOT GO WHERE YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO BE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Well send,
    Also your success is measured by YOU!, You don't have to have the best of the best and a million accounts to make a nice profit!
  3. LawnRunner

LawnRunner LawnSite Member

1. I agree at the top of the list is knowing your cost of doing business. The first thing you have to cover is your expenses and overhead before you can make any money.

2. Keep a record of time spent at each customer's property so you can determine customer profitability. Those customers that are not profitable either raise prices or drop them.

3. Any equipment you have that you are not using sell and purchase equipment that will make you money.

4. Always look for ways to make yourself more efficient whether it be changing the way you do jobs or with equipment purchases that will save time. Time is money.
  4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

5. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

its too bad more new guys dont heed this kinda advice. knowing the numbers, where to trim fat or beef up spending (or saving) is absolute key.

i grossed 125k this year and just about netted the same as my brother in law, who did 250 (with debt out the ass)......