Tips for a newbie

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by troutfishing15, May 9, 2007.

1. troutfishing15

troutfishing15 LawnSite Member

Well i worked for a guy who has around 75 to 90 yards for i guess three years. And i have a passion for mowing i love to manicure it and do it all but all i did was beat him done weedeating, edging, and blowing. Before he gets of his ztr. Which he has 4 of. Make a long story short. I'm going to start on my own. Luckily my girlfriend babysits for an older couple who has someone mow and landscape their yard. And he had bought a brand new 6o" Zmaster liquid cooled gas mower and a 6.5 electric start push mower and 3 weed eaters (edging, trimming, hedge trimer) so one day last week i ask him if i could use them all summer. And the answer was yes.... I'm 17 trying to start on my own any suggestions.

2. ronniez71

ronniez71 LawnSite Member

you make no sense?????

3. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

I think he is saying someone is giving him a mower to use all summer, and is asking for suggestions,,,i would suggest, Go for it !!!! :)

4. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

I had a guy work for me, and now he has his own business and he is successful.

Work hard, and good luck!

5. troutfishing15

troutfishing15 LawnSite Member

Thats exactly what i'm saying he is going to let me use them free of charge and keep them all summer as long as i keep them in the garage.

6. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd go for it. Make sure you are careful with the equipment. That stuff is not cheap and if it gets torn up or stolen you are going to have to cut a heck of a lot of yards this summer to pay him back after you buy new eqipment. Good luck to you

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Yes, and don't under charge just because the equipment is free. You need to save enough $ to buy more.

8. violatorjf

violatorjf LawnSite Member

You're 17 and you already worked for a guy for 3 years?

The deal with the equipment sounds good, just be careful.

9. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I am suspicious of this post. You say you were operating power equipment at 14 as an employee of a business. Not in any state I know of is that legal.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

ericg likes this.
  10. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Who cares if its legal you got to do what you gotta do to make money im not saying its ok to rob a bank or anything but hes operating a trimmer and blower come on now.