Tips for a possible new REP

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Corey4x4man, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Rotor_Tool

Rotor_Tool LawnSite Senior Member

If you've not taken the job already, PM me. I have some insight for you, especially if you are thinking of working for the manufacturer I have in mind.

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Plus 1 with Boots here.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats it right there. No contractor wants to hear " realy, thats the first we have heard of this" as far as forums , answer questions honestly.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Definatly, we have been there bread and butter for yrs. Dont make us compete with home cheapo.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Know your product
    Stop selling to homedepot
    Get your hands dirty
    Free stuff
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The old vanguard could sell to the big-box stores and not insult their pro customers too much. Rainbird put older product designs on store shelves, and Toro did likewise, with the Super600 upgrade the trade turned their noses up at, waiting until it morphed into the S700.

7. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

As a result they made it about price so be it. If they want to play price then they can live and die on price.

8. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, that's the crap that pisses me off. Ive been through it first with toro then rainbird then hunter and now rainbird again.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's kind of funny, come to think of it, that the Toro S700 head is gonzo, but the S606 it replaced is still sold at big-box stores.

10. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Top 3 worst contractor products.

1 - Toro Flo-Pro
    2 - Hunter PGP
    3 - Toro S-700

A few others that could be considered for #2 or 3 but the Flo-Pro has to be #1