Tips for blowing....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royallawncare, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

Thought i'd get your attention....I usually either blow and clean up the excess clippings either back on the lawn or just make sure it's off the walk ways and the road is there special tricks to blowing off surfaces right? What are the advantages of a backpack blower vs. a handheld?

2. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Read below post to avoid double post :D

3. The LawnSmith

The LawnSmith LawnSite Member

If the clippings are very light on the driveway/sidewalk, I blow them back onto the lawn without picking them up. (scattering them). If they are very light, they are unnoticeable. If they are heavier (more), I run over the clippings with a bagger to pick them up. The last things I do on a job is edging, then blowing away the debris. I never leave clippings in the street. As far as the backpack vs handheld, Its a personal option. I have both, and the only time I use the backpack blower is if I will be using it for a long time. The handheld just seems quicker to me for smaller jobs.

4. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Nice thread. I love my redmax 7001 and want to add an 8000 to the collection. The backpacks really pack the manuverability, plus the power that you'd want or need over a handheld. Work either or with the wind, obstacles, and ending point. Plan it out.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I don't have many 'single' lawns...Usually they are clumped togeter between two and five. I'll wait to the end and use a backpack blower to get all that done at once.

6. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

just dont drag your teeth