1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tips for EBZ8001 owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm new to the big RedMax blowers and the way they transmit power sorta puzzles me. So I've kinda been trying everything and I've been trying to decide rather I want to order the accessory nozzles.

Anyways, they do great for blowing out with no tubes (tube extensions).

I was noticing how much different these machines do with the tubes off as opposed to on. They are not like other blowers in that respect. They don't whimp out with them off.

So I put the tubes back on, then removed the tip. I did differently and still well like that. But today, just out of curiosity, I removed the tubes and checked to see if the tip would fit on by itself. I figured it was smaller than the center tube. But it's not.

I tried it and liked it a lot. I put the center section of the tube away and ran it like that pretty much all day. It's a handy little stubby tube setup and for most stuff I think I like the way it blows better set up like that.

Try switching the tubes around and see what you think. Remove the tip and run it like that. Then try it with the middle section off and the tip on like I'm running mine.
  2. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I will try it tomorrow just got 4 of them last week 2,000. well spent happy so far
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

During a normal cleanup on parking lots our guys take the final tube off/on a lot holding it in their hand. That is why I don't like the blowers like Stihl BR600 that has the final tube practically "molded" in place. The other Stihl has a tube that can be adjusted in/out for better utility. All the Echo units have a final tube that can be taken on/off while you are blowing along.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

there is no EBZ001.....there is only the ebz8000.......

srry...just hearing a lot of people saying there are two blowers (both the eb8000 and ebz8001) lately when there is really only just the one.

Do you know if i can change the tubes around on my eb7001 even though the 8000 and 7001 tube are different sized?
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

6. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

lmao, good one!:nono:
  7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

GREAT JOB, ENVY !!!! Another fine example of LCO "experts" (mcw) not doing their homework BEFORE they make posts. :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  8. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I went to the dealer the other day asking for a 8001, and they said we only have the 8000 there is no 8001 so i made a note to myself. Which says they will NOT be servicing my redmax 8001 when i get one.
  9. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure they know about the ebz8001 but they must still have 8000's in stock. i'm sure they want to get rid of the old stock first.
  10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Yep, before I bought my 8001, I called a dealer about a shin 8510, but did'nt have any, but he had a few 630's left. He was really trying to push a 630 on me. I said no thanks.