tips on starting a lawn care business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by C & C Landscaping, Apr 11, 2013.

1. C & C Landscaping

C & C Landscaping LawnSite Member

17 years old just looking for some tips, everyone on here has given great advice from what i have read.....

2. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

don't let customers walk all over you. they will try. trust me.

3. Don't believe everything you read on here.

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Go to college and become a lawyer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Aint that the truth!

Grow slowly.

6. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Come up with a simple business plan, even if it's just determining what type of clients you'll target, what size properties, etc. and go from there. It makes equipment decisions a lot easier. Good luck!

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I would plan on doing full service,,, all over again...
    I think the guys doing just one thing a hundred times a week, better enjoy it becuz for me it became more tedious than factory work... not only that,,, but what do mowers do during the heat of Summer other than kill the grass and stir up dust storms???
    What do applicators do during the heat of Summer other than burn out the grass and call it fungal disease???

During the heat of Summer I take a break from several lawns and am able to continue making a living, in the landscape and garden beds... I'm not forced into the decision between a payday and stressing an already heat stressed turf... :)

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Do the best you can on each job...word of mouth is the best way to expand and grow your customer base
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. millie86

millie86 LawnSite Member

keep asking alot of questions and study up on things as much as you can.Good luck!

10. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

and once you become a lawyer, you will want to cut grass