1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tire Blew Up!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BRIMOW525, Jun 12, 2002.

1. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 LawnSite Member

We were done cutting a yard, loaded the mowers on the trailer, fired up the trimmers and were trimming the yard when we heard (quite literally) an explosion! Looked around, in the sky, so on anso forth. Done trimming and put trimmers in the racks on the trailer and there is an about 5" hole in my mower tire! Blew from the inside out. Luckily it didn't blow with someone on it. Guys at the tire shop said they've only seen this if it has fix a flat in it. but mine didn't. Faulty tire I guess. But the machine has new sneakers so we can rock and roll.
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

now thats a new one. never heard of a mower tire going w that type results.
    guess u never say never huh.
  3. Hello Everybody:

It Sounds to me like the Tire was Over Inflated & it just Picked that Time to Blow?

I've Had New Guys Over Fill the Mower Tires & Sometimes it took over a day or 2 for the Tire to Blow.

That was Kind of Bad Luck I think, because Most Times the Tire will Come off the Rim & Just Blow the Tube!