tire blows loading trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kglenn04, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Kglenn04

Kglenn04 LawnSite Senior Member

so I finilaly got my trailer to day and my tire on my mower pops do to the fact that I was running boards instead of a drop down gate. anyone know how much tires run and where I can get a drop down gate?
  2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Can you get a can of Fix a Flat and put it in the tire? I think they run 4.95...

Gates? Talk to a welder...
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

4. Kglenn04

thanks fellas
  5. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

Just curious. What caused the tire to blow or pop? Was there a nail in the wood. How much pressure did you have in the tire that would make it pop. Why not plug the tire.

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

Whats the size you need PM, I contract to a major tire dealer in Holland? ball park for a tire (w/ mounting) $12-45
  7. Kglenn04

im guessin it was a nail or a wood sliver
  8. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I ran with boards for a ramp for years and never had a tire blow. Carry a plug kit in your glove box.
  9. Kglenn04

right but the mower kind of slid off on a angle...
  10. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I bought a tandem axle car trailer and took it to one of my local trailer dealers and they installed a very nice gate for around 200 bucks. This was of course 8 or more years ago so I imagine the cost has gone up. The nice thing about the gate was it was made so I could remove it and put the ramps on if I ever wanted to transport a vehicle, which I did a couple of times.