Tire Change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slicklawns, Aug 4, 2004.

1. slicklawns

slicklawns LawnSite Member

Has anyone ever changed from the original tires on their Z's to a different type. The tires on my lesco Z two are very aggressive and I'm thinking of changing to the one on the dixie choppers. I suppose rim size could effect change but again I'm curious to hear if anyone has done the change and got better performance from it.
  2. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Just asked that same question at our Lesco dealer a few days ago. He said exmark tires will fit on our Lesco Z. SO I guess soo.
  3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I've experimented with different tread types, I've never paid any attention to "toro" or "Exmark", Do they even make tires? (refering to the post by Turf Tech)

Anyway just make sure you are changing to the same size.
  4. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

You even have to watch out when getting the same size. I bought a different brand for my tractor mower of the same size, and when you turn a sharp corner, the tires will hit the hood. Just like car tires, all brands of the same sizes are not dimensionally the same.
  5. slicklawns

slicklawns LawnSite Member

So is it just a Lesco thing. because anyone I've met with Lesco z Two's say the tires are dreadful and do far more damage than other ZT's. I'm riding mine for the 3rd year and still cannot go around a tree without leaving marks. Should we start a support group?