Tire Issues

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by kclandscaper, Sep 18, 2009.

Most common flats

Poll closed Oct 3, 2009.
  1. Tread Puncture

5 vote(s)
  2. Sidewall Puncture

1 vote(s)
  3. Broken Valve

0 vote(s)
  4. Blowout

0 vote(s)
  5. Rim Damage

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. kclandscaper

kclandscaper LawnSite Member

What is the most common tire issues you have on your commercial mowers? Are they punctures? and if so where is the puncture? Is it in the sidewall most of the time? Let me know your tire horror stories. I have a simple solution that I am working on right now, that will eliminate the sidewall punctures that seem to happen so very often. I will be looking for some testers when prototypes are ready in the next 45 days. Lets hear those stories that have left you out in the field with a flat and no way to fix it until you get back to your shop.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  2. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually between slime and/or a pluger kit we can fix most flats from punctures, even in the sidewall. Now a tear in the sidewall may not be repairable.
  3. fastbs

fastbs LawnSite Member

not much prob for me in the sidewalls. usually punctures from nails or barb wire hiding in the grass. Usually just shoot some fix a flat or slime in it and keep truckin. My last tires had a gob of that stuff in them when by the time i wore them out. For the fronts (caster style) i wear/blow out the set that comes on the mower and then get some that don't take air.
  4. gogreenmaureen

gogreenmaureen LawnSite Member

Usually from nails hidden in the lawn.