1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tire marks on cement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greenchoppers, Apr 4, 2010.

1. greenchoppers

greenchoppers LawnSite Member

Hello Forum,

I have a question. We were mowing a clients lawn last week and there was a decent amount of clovers in the yard. The cut clovers seem to stick to my Carlisle tires on the rear of my ZTR. When traveling across cement, the clover seems to "stain" the cement in the sahape of my tire treads.

We can blow the grass off the cement but next week, those same tire tracks will still be on the cement.

Any suggestions (besides getting rid of the clover) on how to prevent this or perhaps a way to clean it off after it happens?

2. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know how to clean it off, but that is one of the reasons I don't drive on customer's sidewalks or driveways unless I have no choice.
  3. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, I normally cut from edge to edge of the grass then make a final "frame" pass around the outside to pickup what I cannot get.

However, I've had some luck scrubbing with a pushbroom or using a weedeater to wear the green off the concrete.