Tire Mileage?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bntt68, Jun 22, 2006.

1. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

How many hours do you guys get out of a set of tires on a Z type mower> Carlisle Turf Saver is what I use. Not cheap either. Thanx!!!

2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Turf Savers last me about 2 months on my walk behind. I will never buy them again. The Turf Masters that came stock lasted a whole season and a couple weeks into the next. I know its not a Z like you said, but it might help.

Kevin

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

On our lazer Z hp we got 2,100 hours out of the original tires.

4. bntt68

bntt68 LawnSite Senior Member

WOW !!! What kind of tires were they?

5. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

you joking? I have used my 36 metro every day for 5 years. First 3 yrs that was my only mower. The treads are still in top notch shape.

6. Mower For Less

I wish I was, its sick how fast I go through tires. Not to mention the sulky tires, which eats about 2-3 sets per season. I dont know why they go so fast, but I am extremely disapointed in the turf savers that I used as replacements. We cut about 50 lawns per week with the mower.

Kevin

7. ProStreetCamaro

I am pretty sure they are turf savers.

8. ProStreetCamaro

;) ;) Something doesnt seem right. On our wb's we get over 3,000 hours out of a set of tires. Our velkys get around 2-3 years of service before they go bald. :confused: Are you cutting sand paper? :laugh:

9. Mower For Less

Originals should have been Turf Masters on the Laser.

10. ProStreetCamaro

Ahhh your probably correct. Either way they lasted a long time.Now when we replaced them they were as smooth as glass. Our gravely has the turf savers for sure and they are bald right now after 400 hours.