Tire opinions

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ben's Landscape, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 2011 f250 gas 4wd that needs tires soon right now it has the bfg rugged trail at on it from the factory i cant complain they lasted 40k miles. But they have horrible traction. If i was just daily driving the truck i would get a tire like the BFG all terrians but the truck is loaded heavy 90 percent of the time. With that in mind i should go with a ht tire but i cant really do that since i dump in a farm that is pretty muddy sometimes.

What tire are you runnin on your work trucks? I hate to spend a lot of money and either have them last 20k miles or hate the tires from day one. Thanks

2. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive always had good luck and long wear with michelin,
    currently have ltx at2 on two trucks and there very good all around. Gl
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Are those tires good as far as loaded wear and good in the snow and mud?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

BFG TA KO. On my Wrangler unlimited TJ and my son's Colorado. My suburban will be getting them next.

5. scag3wheel

scag3wheel LawnSite Member

Check out the Kelly Safari TSR. They are an aggressive tire but they are extremely quiet and last. I bought my truck with a set on it that probably had 45k on them. I like them and got them again and have them on my 01 3/4 ton duramax in 285s on the stock rims load range e. Great in the snow, plow alot in 2 wheel drive, my dad even got them we liked them so much. Priced very reasonable. Made by Goodyear, the kelly version of the duratrac a basically.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JF660R

JF660R LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from SW MO

I've put about 70k on my Hankook Dyna Pro ATM RF10s. Really impressed with them and would buy again.

Also have about 10k on a set of Treadwright Guard Dogs, so far they're a lot quieter than I expected, have great grip in snow and off road, and its really hard to beat the price for a MT.

7. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

thats the thing u want a tire that is stable and handles well when ur truck is loaded heavy all the time and you want a decent wear life. Alot of all terrain tires do not fit thos bill but they do give good traction.

So there has to be a happy medium for what u need.
    The michelins fit my need fine, hual and trailer daily and plow snow in winter , no complaints.

I recently put nittos at on my dodge and while they get great traction they ride terrible and handle poor when truck loaded. I was being cheap and got what i paid for. They were 200 less than the michelins.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Which nittos? My dodge has terra grapplers they are fine.

Michelin at2 are hard to beat. But very expensive.

I might go with thread wright next
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

Can't beat bfg ats for all around use. I've had good experience with dynapro ATMs as well. The toyo m55 is apparently the best AT tire for longevity

10. tundraman

tundraman LawnSite Senior Member

I got rid of my Rugged Trails and put Bridgestone Alenzas and like them.