1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tire pressure...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Up North, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

I know there was a thread a couple days back about tire pressure. I bought my first Z three weeks ago and the pressure was (still is) in the rear is 17lbs. and front castors have 25lbs.

I know by letting the pressure out the ride will soften up a bit. But my concern is this, if I bring my rears down to 10-12lbs and the castors down to 14-16lbs. do you think that will mess up my cutting height? Will it mess up my deck pitch? It stripes really good and I don't want to screw it up.

I can obviously put the pressure back in if it throws it out of whack but thought I'd see if any of you have experienced this. Maybe I just need to experiment with it some and see what happens.
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd lower the pressure myself. If your concerned abot cut quality measure the deck at each corner before and after you change the pressure, record the diff if any, and adjust the deck accordingly