Tire psi?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ed's lawn service, Jun 29, 2004.

1. ed's lawn service

ed's lawn service LawnSite Member

How many lb's do you have in your front castors? I pumped mine up around twelve psi and it like riding a bucking bronco. at the slightest little uneveness in the ground the whole machine starts to bounce like crazy. It is a JD 657 QuickTrak mower. Thanks...:)

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sir--mine are inflated to the recommended PSI. thanks.

GEO

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

13 in front and 15 in back on my toro.

I know guys who run 8 all round, but I'd be worried I'd peel off the rubber LOL!

go with what your manufacturer says though as it does effect the machines abilities.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I run 15 in my casters, on Great dane Super surfer ( same machine, basically) And I don't get beat down.. Are you trying to opperate it like the Duke boys? And I run 10 out back. these may not be real accurate I need to get a low pressure tire gauge...

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I gotta say too, these aren't the smoothest riding machines around. I found that if you "get into it" and use body english ( pretend you're riding a dirtbike or something ) it helps immensely with the ride. I am thinking about lowering the pressure to 12 in front and 8 out back though.. Experiment.

6. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I run 13 PSI in the castors on my Lazer and Turf Tracer HP.

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

On my cub's front I run around 11-12, in the rears I run 8 lbs. Never peeled one yet