1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tire Question

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by 1MajorTom, Dec 18, 2003.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

On my Metro HP, I believe me current tires are 16 x 6.50 x 8
    I want to switch to 16 x 7.50 x 8
    Will this tire change affect the height of the tire?
    I'm assuming it will be wider. I'm just not sure on the tires overall diameter.
    Will the wider tire give me better floatation, therefore less chances of ruts?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Sorry but the added 1/2" to the inside of the tire would most likely interfere with one bolt and the drive pulley. Not all tires listed as 1" wider will actually be 1" wider but in all reality you really should not be seeing any rutting with this machine. The weight balance would make actual rutting unlikely however there could be other factors that may cause the illusion of rutting.

First if you see what appears to be rutting the first thing to do is run a rake over the lawn to see if the lines go away. Second you want to actually get down on the ground and feel for an actual rut with your hands. Very seldom will you find one.

Often the "stripe" left by the tire will leave what appears to be a rut however it's just the stripe. A quick fix would be to add the "new" striping roller that will be available for all Turf Tracer HP's and Metro HP's sometime after the first of the year.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Thanks for the response.
    I will be looking forward to purchasing the striping roller. I've been waiting for this.