Tire Rims

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Finecut, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

I was wondering if anyone could help me find rims for a ZTR? The size of tire is 23x10.5x12 and would fit a Ferris/Skag /Bobcat. These are the white wagon wheel type rims you can buy for a car for $25.00 each and the mower dealers are asking over $100.00 each. I feel sure they are available for a reasonable price, just don't seem to be able to find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You may want to try someplace like Discount Tire. They could probably do a better deal. Als Quality Farm and Fleet may have access.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

Stick with your dealer. If you can't pay 200.00 maybey you should raise your prices. Parts are how dealers make their money, they have to make money too or else they won't stay in busness.

4. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

Runner thank you for your help. I did find a small tire shop that had them available for 37.00 each... a considerable saving from 100.00+ each. I also checked Cedar Rapid Tires web site and saw no mention of rims.

Little Green Guy thank you for your response also. I learned a long time ago that keeping other people's business profitable is not my responsibility.

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Posted by Finecut: "Little Green Guy thank you for your response also. I learned a long time ago that keeping other people's business profitable is not my responsibility."

I can only wish that the Green Guy was one of my customers and was so concerned that I was making enough money.

6. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

did you try any of the mail order catalogs like northern tool?? they have excellent prices on tires/rims usually a LOT cheaper than any dealer.