TIRE SEAL ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

On my Walker the deck caster tires need air every day. They have tubes in I think. Has anyone ever used tire seal on a wheel like this. And if so does it work? I'd rather spend $5.00 compared to $50.00 for two new ones. Thank you for your advice.
    Mowman

2. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

Napa makes tire sealer green stuff has paper fiber in it gallon cost maybe $20.00 bucks and is much better than B-12 sealer. We have used it for five years in walk behinds and riders tubes and no tubes and have not had problem with it. Good stuff A#1 Keep them there Rail road spike holes pluged up yes ser.

Mo,mo,mo,yo self quickly to de bank! (wit out no flat)

3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

We put solid wheel's on the front .....even with sealer or tubes they go flat and then the cut can get uneven ...got solids at lesco ...can't remember how much ...maybe $35 @ and the spanner had to get cut down a little to fit in the fork ....

4. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

I have used slime in all my equipment tires with good results.

5. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Just got an estimate for foam filling my front tires @ $26.00 each,seems steep but I'm gonna do it.
    Looking at last years tire/repair reciepts,I can,t go wrong.

6. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto DMC
    I foam filled all of my front walk behind wheels a couple of weeks ago plus all the wheel barrel wheels. The wheel barrels have always been a tire problem, but now, they'll last for years. I think the cost was about $22.00 per wheel, but I think it was well worth it.

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Speaking of foam filling. I went to my local tire dealer to ask about getting my rear gator tires foam filled. They are 25x13x9. The dealer said that it would be $159 per tire and it would add 130lbs to each tire! I said sorry, no thanks.

8. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Not a good idea to foam fill any rear tires or ZTR tires.

9. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Go with SLIME . It' good stuff works very well on small or large tires!

10. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

Trust me slime is better than the foam on commercial mowers.