1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tire size question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Mar 28, 2005.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

My gravely wb has 13x6.50-6 size tires. They are in pretty poor shape. Budy of mine gave me two 15x6-6 tires. Will these fit? I dont know what the differences are in actual size, but i am thinking they wont fit. what do you all think?

LAter chris
  2. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

They may fit, I dont know, but I would sure think it would effect your cutting height and the deck would no longer be level front to back. Spend $40 and buy the right tires.
  3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

wont fit. the 15 is diameter of the rim.. going from 13 - 15 is a big no go.
  4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

No, the 15 is the overall diameter of the tire from tread to tread. The middle 6 is the section width which is the top of the tire side wall to the bottom of the tire side wall(the points that are the widest part of the tire). The last 6 is the diameter of the rim size.

To answer your question, the rim size needs to be the same which it is. Going from 13 to 15 will only give you a taller tire, which your going to have to adjust the height of your deck, but you can still do. As far as the extra .5 you can usually go a half size bigger or the exact same. A half size smaller will not work. I just dont know if I would bother with going with the taller tires. Your making life harder for yourself. Just buy the same size tire. Those arent going to work anyway. I know I would want to have to screw with the deck because of taller tires.
  5. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

jsut buy 13in diameter tires that are just wider.. 6.5 to 8.0