1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tire Slime ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Synergy Ground, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Synergy Ground

Synergy Ground LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Have any of you guys used Tire Slime in you're ZTR tires?? Just wondering what the results are. Seems a flat on my front caster wheels is an every week thing.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i put slime in all my mowers and also in my atv. when i changed the tires on the atv there were little green marks all over from the slime doing its job. i works on most holes up to about 1/4".
  3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Works great! I was having problems with the front casters leaking air from the tires bead. There was not a hole, it would just leak between the tire and rim. I put slime in it and haven't had any problems since.
  4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Great stuff. That's why it (or another brand) in standard on some mowers today from the factory. Well worth the expense and time to put it in.
  5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I'm all slimed up.

I'll cut & trim bougainvillea; then just run over all the mess to grind it in.
    No worries.... and no unloading bougainvillea.:clapping:

I case you don't know what one is; it would be a 4 tire suicide without slime.
  6. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm not a big fan of it.. i've bought two mowers that the previous owners have put it in... if you do use it, make sure the valve stem is near the top of the wheel when you add or check air. it'll seal the stem shut.
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

After two years with the slime thing.....and the tires going down constantly when I jump curbs I went with the new Scag solid tires. Ride isn't great but I will trade that for the darn problems keeping them inflated.
  8. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

I inject "slime" into all the tubeless wheels on my mowers and equipment. It works , exceptionally well if the puncture isn't on the side of the tire.
  9. swingset

swingset LawnSite Member

My home property is 44 acres of multiflora and briars, and my ATV has been stomping over what are essentially "tire killer" bushes for the last 3 years and I've yet to have a flat since using Slime.

Great stuff. It's in all my mowers, and no flats there either.
  10. RICHIE K

RICHIE K LawnSite Senior Member