Tire Slippin'

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by carolinacutter, May 4, 2005.

1. carolinacutter

carolinacutter LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys have a problem with JUST one of your tires on your ZTR spinning more than the other?? The left tire ONLY always seems to loose traction and the right NEVER does. Its on a great dane super surfer, pressure is exact and its not the pump....any ideas???
    Maybe I just need to lean more :D :D
  2. carolinacutter

carolinacutter LawnSite Member

Well guess not......might as well delete this thread!!!!
  3. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Surfer...NOT the super surfer. I can do a lot of things with it. Sometimes I get off and walk behind it or beside it. I have noticed that is when I can get a tire to spin. If I get back on the machine, the spinning will stop. If you are going around a corner, I would say to lean to the high side, or the inside of the corner. Of course, the most important thing is the tire tread. Make sure they have plenty of rubber. Also, maybe slow down some in the turns. Looking at your statement one more time...you state that the tire is SPINNING. So, that rules out the pump. Let us know how you make out.
  4. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

My Walker does that - seems the right tire wants to spin frequently, don't know why, I just try to compensate for it by feathering the controls going into a turn.