1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tire Solutions????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K&L Ent., Jun 8, 2005.

1. K&L Ent.

K&L Ent. LawnSite Member

Ok here's the deal, I am currently working on Hand Mowing contracts for SHA in MD, the last couple of days I've been dealing with flat after flat and now looking for any information on any kind of foam filled tires or something like that so I can quit worrying about tires, only problem is these roads we are working on are full of glass, metal, trash etc. Any helpful information to keep me from pulling my hair out would be great!

CURB APPEAL NC LawnSite Member

A fellow Lco tolsd me he just had his tires filled w/ a foam at a local Briggs and sons tire shop and has yet to have any tire problems. Not sure the cost or aggrivation but it is something i am going to look into!
  3. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I put slime in my front tires and havn't had a flat in over a year. Some like it and some don't.
  4. K&L Ent.

K&L Ent. LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the info I will be shopping sunday!!! :blob3:
  5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

buy the solid tires if you can.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Call a few local tire stores and ask them if they fill tires with foam. I have them on all caster tires and you could stick a knife in them and keep mowing. (it may bump a little)
    Slime may be good for the drive tires but I love the solid foam in the casters.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic