Tire spinning problem on MFT

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by jstonemo, May 1, 2007.

1. jstonemo

jstonemo LawnSite Member

I have a MFT 15/36 that has about 40 hours on it. A problem that I am having is that left rear tire spins when backing up and turning at the same time. It happens on flat or sloped grass and is only the left tire, never the right tire. I have double checked the pressures and they are all within Hustler specs (8-10 psi). When moving forward, the machine tracks straight with the levers even to each other. At first I thought it was operator error but it is getting very annoying now.

Is this a hydro problem, or am I doing something wrong? Should I take it back to the dealer for repair or adjustment?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would take it back to the dealer and have them adjust it, it sounds like you may be out of adjustment on that side.
    Regardless, they will find out the problem.

Pj

3. grass2cash

grass2cash LawnSite Member

PJ,

Will this be covered under the warranty? I have approximately 10 hours on my mft and have the exact same issue. I have skid marks on all ends of my yard and the steepest part of my yard is maybe a 2 degree incline.

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

If it is out of adjustment from the factory, yes.

Pj

5. RoeJ

RoeJ LawnSite Member

Same problem here on a mower that was just delivered Saturday. Always the left tire (very annoying). In my instance the sterring handles are just a bit off to track straight. I have to have the left one a little ahead of the right to go straight. Is there anything I can check without returning to the dealer? I don't have any way to get it back to the dealer easily unless they come get it. Checked tire pressure and it is fine.

6. RoeJ

RoeJ LawnSite Member

Grass2cash or JStoneMo,

Did you get the problem resolved by your dealer? Just wondering what they found so I can pass it along to my dealer when I take my mower in.

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to run it a bit to get it broken in, if it then doesn't track straight you need to let your dealer know and have them get it adjusted correctly.
    This will take care of your tire spinning if you already haven't corrected that with your steering technique

Pj