1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

tire tracks in lawn

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by amateur, Oct 19, 2004.

1. amateur

amateur LawnSite Member

My lawn is properly watered and fertilized. The grass appears green and lush, and grows quickly. I use a 22'' push mower, with a new, sharpened blade. My problem is when I mow, the tires leave tracks. It doesn't matter which direction I mow. The tracks do not die - they as as lush as the rest of the grass, but the track marks are visible until the next time I mow - the grass remains pushed down. I do not observe this in neighboring lawns. Any help appreciated.
  2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

it may depend on your cutting height...the higher i cut with my lawnboy the more i notice what you are talking about...

from 2.5 - 3.0 inches i don't notice it but about 3 i do.
  3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Are we talking mud tracks or just normal tire marks? Kind of sounds like an overly wet lawn.
  4. amateur

amateur LawnSite Member

Not mud tracks. It's wet here in Seattle, but not that wet yet. No, this is simply grass which lies down in the tire tracks and does not rebound. It is cut rather tall.