Tire Tracks

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by corycc, Apr 1, 2002.

1. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

I run a 2001 TTHP52. Very pleased with the machine. However, I am not so pleased with the tracks it leaves. The stock tires are relatively skinny it seems to me. It doesn't help that I have a two-wheeled velke since it is not as wide as the WB and leaves almost seperate tracks. I used to have a Simplicity garden tractor with a 60" deck, it did have a wide roller at the rear of the deck, but it hardly left tracks at all. When my lines are not perfectly straight or the ground is wet, my tracks are accented, they stand out. It also seems that the depressions caused by my WB tires are deeper than any rider because of the greater pressure/square inch of the skinnier tires. I noticed the tires on the TT52 were significantly wider than those of the TTHP52. I realize the TT52 is heavier, but why not put wider tires the TTHP52? Since there is no striping kit available for WB's, would it be possible or a good idea to use wider tires? My question is, how should I go about reducing the appearance as well as the pressure/square inch on the ground of my tracks? Thanks.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cory,

This is something that we hear from time to time on almost every machine. The frequency and degree will vary depending upon the machine, the region and the season.

The good news is that you can run the larger 16 X 7.50 tire on your machine. This tire is 1" wider and may make enough difference to give you the results you like.

All 48" and 52" TThp's for 2002 all have the 16 X 7.50 tire rather than the 16 X 6.50 we used over the past several years.

For most operators they will never have an issue with this but if you do the larger tire may help.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Terry

3. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

How might I go about obtaining such tires? Landscapers Supply? I guess I need new rims also, right? How much are we talking here?

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Corycc,

The tires us the same wheel we've always used on the Turf Tracer HP so you won't need to purchase new wheels. The tires can generally be purchased through your Exmark dealer, local tire supply etc. Chances are you may have several different sources available locally.

Thanks

Terry