Tire wear

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by philmdamien, Aug 3, 2008.

1. philmdamien

philmdamien LawnSite Member
    from NH

How many hours do you guys usually get on the drive tires of a ZTR. I'm at about 650 and the insides are pretty worn.
  2. philmdamien

philmdamien LawnSite Member
    from NH

Anyone got any input?
  3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

cub needed replaced around 600 hours
  4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

my one mower has close to 500 hrs and shows some wear, but the tread is all still there. It does have substantially more wear on the inside though.
  5. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

I just changed two sets today that had 1200hrs each. Tread was still more than a quarter inch but it handles much better. Sure makes divets now when you turn.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

My set has 1400 hours on them now, and the tread is great. What am I doing wrong?
  7. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You aren't having any fun with the unit....squealing the tires on turns on the concrete. Spinning the wheels jumping the curbs. Seeing how fast you can go from full forward to full reverse...you got to let her go.
  8. cbegap

cbegap LawnSite Member

Mine have almost 600 hrs and still look great. Don't drive it like a drag racer and don't turn around on the pavement or concrete. If you do that they should last darn near forever.
  9. WPLE

WPLE LawnSite Member

Mine have over 2500 hrs on them. I will admit they need changed. Had to put tubes in at the beginning of the season this year so I turned them around because the insides are worn out. Getting a mower next spring so just getting buy for now with it.
  10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

mine had 500Hrs and still had like half left.