Tired of all the trash talking

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by fairways, Apr 20, 2005.

1. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

Everyday I get on here there is a thread about some scrub trying to make some money and everyone has there cracks at them and what not. The last time a checked this site was to share ideas with each other and to get useful info from each other, this is my first year owning my business but have been in this industry for a bit now, don't you guys who argue on here have any kind of life or more importantly some work to do!! Lets make use of this site and stop worrying about everyone else and grow your own business!!

2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

It will ever stop ? Form what i see there are only a few the want to and give good advice on anything and they don't seem to post much . I think it will be an on going thing unless it is stopped . The only thing that gets me is the racist remarks . And every one is scared of that 15 dollar lawn guy braking there bank . I look at it this way if you can't do them all then do the ones you got and deal with it . If you cant live on that do something else in life . i run two company's . And i still do side jobs on the side of that . You cant stop the low baller scrub and you cant cut them all your self . Let them have theres and you have yours and move on or fold your cards !!!!

3. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

Fairways,
    You really do get good information on LawnSite. Sometimes you have to filter out the BS. :rolleyes: Sometimes you have to roll with the flow. ;) But, most guys here are willing to help. :cool:

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I agree this site is about sharing ideas and a place to interact with other guys and gals in the green industry. It also is a place to let your frustrations out and believe me we hear it all here... high gas prices, pain in the butt customers, collection problems, people that bid too low.... it's like sitting around with your favorite buddy and drinking a beer (if you drink) and telling your buddy, "you aren't gonna believe what happened to me today while I was out cutting Mrs. Smith's lawn...."
    Fairways, congratualtions, you've been in business for one year, and I'm sure if you stay dedicated, you will prosper too. These guys here that have been at it 5, 10 and 15 plus years have seen it all, and so if they complain a little, so be it. I do know one thing though, how many times do you ever see a question go unanswered here at Lawnsite?? This forum is like a community, and when it comes down to it, we are all here to help.

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

Be right but . There will be 1000 views at a ? and 500 people that post . Out of the 500 there will be 200 answer and ideas the rest will be bashing or bickering in the crowd . Am i worn or is it just me ? Don't get me wrong alot off good comes from here but there just the same amount of B/S . One person i think give good advice is Jim lewis and he don't like me but i still give him credit !!!!!!!!!!!! :waving:

6. Greenstar Services

Greenstar Services LawnSite Member

This site is a great place to give advice and get it. Granted there are a few people on here that post just for the sake of posting. A lot of bashing may go on about other lawn service providers but thats what business is all about. I have been in the industry for over 25 years. I have good years and bad, but what always seems to pull me through is quality service at a fair price.

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

there really is good information here, my first year has stared off great, as a direct result of help from the people here... thank you very much payup

8. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been in business 25 years. The business has grown from one lawn to 200 mowing locations, 250 spray customers, 100 irrigation customers, etc.
    Not bragging..just fact.
    I can help others and am glad to do so. I also appreciate the help I get from reading your posts and getting my concerns answered in a professional manner. I was referred to as a newbie a while back...hahahaha!!
    New to this site maybe.
    I personally thank those that treat me and others with respect and concern. I promise to return the same.
    SO as the original post said...............
    Let's clean up the trash talking please!!!! :waving:

9. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Very good response (as usual) Jodi. Esp the part of the guys/gals that have seen alot of things in alot of years. Heck I find it kinda funny in a way that the guy that started this post is 26 and this year I've been doing this 26 years, so if he has seen much, much more and still feels the same way about the trash talking in 25 more years I'd be surprised. Plus heck, some of the trash talk is fun and only meant for that reason, to fully enjoy the site. I'll be the first to admit I'll talk junk, but I'll also freely help and give advise too! I also have never seen a "true" question ask on here that hasn't been answered in very helpful ways......now if your are asking which trimmer line to buy and didn't have the brains to Search on such a common question before you ask...well.....

Also to the poster the type thread you posted gets posted (if you had searched.....LOL) about once every month or so by a Newbie member.

10. mole

mole LawnSite Member

This is why people are afraid to post. I Was just reading one about a guy who is trying to bid a wall that he has to do over from some other guy. all he asked was if his price was right for the hours he quoted. Now everyone is jumping all over the guy. What there not reading is that he has to do most of the work himself like taking out the stone wall. Me being a one man band know how hard it is to do everything myself. If you need something, I have to go get it not my help. if the customer comes out I have to stop working to ans. questions. this all adds up. If we don't have something good to say let's not say anything at all.