Tired of dealing with Chemlawn yards!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Jul 9, 2001.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm tired of cutting these lawns that chemlawn treats. They put down a tremendous amount of fertilizer that the grass grows way to fast. Makes my job take twice as long. These lawns are juiced up like they are on steriods. And just when they start to slow back down, the chemlawn truck shows back up to put out more juice. :angry:

2. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Its been my expierience that when they (Chem Lawn) stops spraying the yards die. Its like they are spraying crack for lawns, LOL! Let your customers know That you aren't the culprit when they cancel those contracts with Chem Lawn.

3. I guess iI am lucky

I only have 2 customers that use chemlawn their lawns suck and are full of clover but the grass grows so fast it hides it

I sold the others my program and their lawns never looked so good

I was just thinking about chemlawn the ather day they are the corporate entity we will never be able to stop or control

their lawns grow very fast and are vary unhealthy and are usually the first to burn out

but before I started fertilizing I used to call chemlawn and pretend I was the customer and tell them back off on the fert and they did

you can charge them more for double and tripple cutting too

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

good observation :D They have f'ed up many of our lawns. Customers can't even get rid of these people either. I have a lawn that never looked worth a crap until they stopped doing it. The customer dropped them, the lawn was looking right, and then they show up and screw it up, three months after they cancelled. Then left a bill on the door for $102

Last December, them and others bombed many lawns around with loads of nitrogen to make them green. It froze .....hard. They looked like they had been set ablaze :eek:

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Funny you should mention that! I was thinking the same thing the other day. We have a local company that does the same thing. Takes me so long to do my trimming because the grass is so over grown after one week. I thought about dropping the account because of this. There aint nothing no worse than Bermuda that is 6" tall in places..........especially in the corners and low spots that have to be trimmed. Gotta run over the yard 4 or 5 times to mulch it all in.

I may drop them anyway. I could do the same thing with 13-13-13 and make the yard more managable. And no, they haven't killed all the weeds either.

6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

This is really weird. Just as I was reading through this post, who drives by? Mr. Chemlawn. Think it was ESP or something? LOL! Quess I will just have to spread out the old police spike strip across the road! HA.

7. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

ohh man this is a great thread, not to bad mouth chem lawn but in my area thier lawns suck, i've seen homeowners fert. their lawns better than chem lawns office, their office looks terrible and their lawns are even worse. i'm gunna take a pic of their office and post it when i have time.

8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

This post is sooo true! Although for the most part my customers which had Chemlawn (note I said "had" as I have since taken all of Chemlawn's accounts which I service) had lawns which showed no affect from applications. Their lawns would be yellow and looking in ill health even a week after a supposed application. Not to mention full of dandelions, clover, and crabgrass just to name a few. I have my doubts on whether Chemlawn around here is even applying anything other than cat litter. Now a few customers which still have service provided by Trugreen and Custom Lawn Care have the overferilization problem...or rather shall I say over nitrogen problem. Middle of July and the lawn is 6" high. As these customers have already committed to a seasonal contract (via paying in advance) I have givcen them the option of switching to my services as of next season or else they will have to find another service to care for their lawn. I sell them on the fact that I am on their lawn weekly and and as such I can see what problems may be arising instead of just coming out and throwing down whatever the route sheet says need to be thrown.

If Chemlawn is reading this...beware as the word is getting out in this area that results are not as you say and I will be taking more of your accounts!:blob3:

9. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Chemlawn or joe blow spraying it is the same story. There are a number of spray fiends here and I have had it and let my customers know this season. Next year I will introduce a price list based on who they use to over fertilize. Starting with a 50% increase for the worst down to 10%. Or they can choose me and I will keep it green and if I over fert I will take care of it on my one dime.

10. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

This is good info I just picked up a new lawn that is a Chemlawn yard. Right now it is a new lawn straw and all so it will be interesting to see how it does.