1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tired of hauling a trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Stinky Pete, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

I'm looking at getting one of those Isuzu landscape tucks with a dovetail ramp but I can't find anything that gives me the angle of the rear ramp. They look somewhat steep. Does anyone have that info or know where I could find it?
  2. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Womack Truck Bodies in Dallas, GA.

Here is a link to their site: http://womacktruckbody.com/

Give them a call and they will tell you what you need to know. I bought one of their ramps for my box truck and I haven't had any problems at all. I run a 60" lazer up and down it all day long and it has never scraped the bottom.
  3. mosmgras

mosmgras LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I build the bed on mine. 13' flat, 4' dovetail, 5' tailgate. That set-up gave me a ramp angle of 30 deg. and a dovetail angle of 15 deg. I've loaded grasshopper midmounts, frontmounts, wright standers, velkes and sentars - all with no problems.
  4. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I am intrested in a set up like the Womack truck bodies. Do they sell the whole truck or just the body to go on the back.
  5. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

Womack's sells just the open landscape body for the truck or the dovetail for a box.