Tired of neighborhoods full of kids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wayne Offiler, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

Maybe its just me getting cranky as the hot summer wears on. But seem to have too many customers with lots of kids.
    Swing sets, jungle jims, toys scattered around, trampolines, kiddie pools with stuff around plus extension cords and hoses to coil up. Then there's the kids buzzing around. Retired customers are looking better and better.
    Anyone actually drop an account, or an area for just being too much of a pain ?

2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

Hang in there!!!The season is coming near the end, and raise the price next year to make worth your trouble.I dropped a yard because of tru-green!Thats worse than a neighborhood full of brats!!:angry:

3. WLC

WLC LawnSite Member
    from NE TN

Sounds like a price increase is instore for the beginning of the year on accounts that are requiring more time. Either they pay or string trim around their kiddie pool themselves! I too despise rolling up hoses. 1 a day O.K. , after that it gets old.
    Raise your prices and thin em' out!

4. Got Grass?

Got Grass? LawnSite Senior Member

Set it up in you contract where you will not move odjects only cut arround them. And if you cant cut at all because of whatever (toys, dog poop, kids, fert app.) thay are faced with a charge for showing up, unless you are notified in advance not to cut.
    Of cource the sprinkler I would move becasue at last thay water.
    Anything else I move as long as its easy to and not to many things.
    Watch thoes tennis balls and dog toys fly when you run em over.

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

If the property hails several physical hazards,i'd drop it.

6. We've got one like that!

Thank god Matchbox cars aren't made like they used to be.

Dog toys watch em fly.

Tennis balls cut in half well.

Watch out for the old rug dog toys.

Hoses, bought a few over the years.

Nothing like running over a Louiville Slugger

I'n just glad they don't make em toys like they used too.

LGF:blob1:

7. vipermanz

I've been hit in the head with my own tennis balls before.:blob2: :blush: :mad:

8. Were you using the mower that goes accross the monitor screen!

LGF:blob1:

9. vipermanz

i wish,,, it would have atleast gone thru the window in front of m then.

I ran over it, it hit a bricked storage shed, bounced back, BAM!, vipermanz's head, choice words are spoken, vipermanz is pi$$#d off, finish the job, go home, grab a coke, sit down, watch raw.

That was my day!

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I had a HUD contract last year. (Don't ever get suckered into that one) We had a yard that was about 3 ft high. The blades hit a 10 speed rim. No damage to mower, but the rim looked like a 1/2 moon when finished. Needless to say I was extremely hot over it.