Tired of QuickPro in Beds

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by marshdawg, Jul 8, 2011.

1. marshdawg

marshdawg LawnSite Member

I am using quick pro with a lesco sufactant and I think the results while spot spraying beds is lackluster at best. How long should I expect for a kill of most weeds in a bed. I know there are all kinds of different weeds with different tolerances and degrees of control. What do y'all use as your go-to bed spray for weeds? What is your favorite chemical to use? Length of time for kill... etc.etc...

2. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

glyphosate pro 2 oz to the gallon with 2,4d 1 oz to the gallon

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Mix to the highest recommendation on the label - usually do not add the extra sticker and have good luck with wilt in 24 hours on most weeds. On occasion I mix lighter and have mixed results dependent on what is getting sprayed that day in the beds. The only time I have used the extra sticker is when burning out lawns. Are you sure your applications are not getting moisture from irrigation or rain fall shortly after your application?

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

marshdawg

You can try REWARD the AI is Diquat and it is a contact acid that burns down herbaceous tissue in under 2 hours at high rate.

The advantage to Reward is quick kill and little off target damage. I like it around Hibiscus because they are so susceptible to Glyphosate.

The disadvantage is, It is not a systemic. Weed plants with shallow or smaller root systems will stay dead because there isn't enough carbohydrate energy to grow back. Larger weed may grow back from the root.

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

If you keep on top of your beds and don't let the weeds get outta control you save tons of time and product.

6. Good point that I agree with. I think in the summer, weekly weed control to some degree is necessary. They just grow and germinate so fast.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Guys

Weed control in the Beds is what sets the scrub apart from the Quality Lawn Boy. If you take the time and care to do constant Weed management. Then you take care to do the total job correctly.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Just wanted to add KEEPING SPRINKLERS OPEN, EDGEING and PROPER CUTTING HEIGHT are marks of Quality work along with WEED CONTROL IN BEDS. Or course showing up on time regular etc is a given.

9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Another mark of quality is changing cut patterns so you don't have ruts, cant stand the guys on 60's with a damn Nascar track going on. I mean some places I see looks like they don't even have to steer once in the ruts the mower just tracks them.

Also if there's grass that needs cut twice we will dbl cut.

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

South

I call that Rail Road Tracks and I see it all the time. It is the mark of the fool who can name every part number on his mower but can only tell the type of grass he cuts is Green.

Chief Scalpem Up Does a find job every two weeks and the Cheap Homeowner think they are saving money by letting him ruin their lawn.