1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tired of scrubs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by work_it, May 11, 2004.

1. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I've finally got to a point where I'm fed up with scrubs. It's not so much the point of them taking work away, but more of the point of them operating without consideration to the profession or their clients. I just got done emailing our Mayor, Governer, House representatives, Senators, and Congress members. I'm trying to introduce the idea of having the police check for proof of business licenses and business insurance, and whoever they check that can't produce the proper documents would be turned over to the IRS.

I don't know if anyone else has thought of doing this before, but I'm tired of all the scrubs damaging this industry. I guess I'm just tired of dealing with them, and have come to a point where I believe it needs to end.
  2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I would rather see the police check all the trailers/equip., and send the stloen property back to the owners.
  3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I am with metro. I would guess that a nice percentage of "scrubs" are riding around with at least some type of stolen equipment. That would eliminate a good percentage of the dishonest ones. I don't really care, these guys dont dent my business much. If anything, they give me something to look forward to in May and June when their crap either breaks down or they cant provide a decent quality service so their client calls me.
  4. Rollacosta

Rollacosta LawnSite Senior Member

im also very sick of them ,i made a error on this forum when i posted a thread which i thought all or most part-timers where scrubs as they are in england..i have since learned that most part-timers on here pay there tax and run a pro outfit
    but yes every year the trash comes out for there booze money working cheep with there stolen equipmant and making it hard for the proffesionals be they full-time or part-time
  5. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Great idea Metro! LOL!

Work-It, mate I know exactly how ya feel!

This was sort of discussed in a thread over the last 2 days, posting this you are in for a rough ride as this forum nowadays is full of scrub wannabes and they are going to pounce.

And then there is the sector here that say all of the time scrubs etc are OK, and that their biz is not effected by them, blah, blah.
    Plenty of work for all, mind your own biz etc, etc.
    Must be nice to not be concerned about opposition, every business is effected in someway by opposition....lots of arm chair LCO's around lately!

Again, I know how you feel, honest opposition who respects the industry is good/fair, low balling, tax cheating, non insured poaching grubs that's another.

OK guys, bring it on now, tell me how wrong I am lol.
  6. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

who cares about the tax runners and the other ones... most of the people are going to get caught eventualy and they shouldnt be hurting your business but i would rather have equipment checks. really good point metro

and also work-it i would be careful what u wish for because they mite do that and make it a big big hassle etc...
  7. I'm with Metro...........
  8. SCFF

SCFF LawnSite Member

That sounds like a good idea and all, but the police have enough to do cathing the bad guys they dont need to be worrying about LCO's not having a lic or ins. That's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
  9. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Seemed to strike me the same SCFF. If they did crack down more on the bad guys,they would find more stolen equipment. (as far as raiding any crack-houses)

I would say that now-days, 90% of (our) stolen items pass through there. They did bust one down the road a few months ago, and it was jam-packed full for hot stuff.

Times that by the tens-of-thousands of crackhouses.

The crackheads have to be ALOT worse to us. (most [to date] I lost to one, was one Shind. T-260........and no-doubt they traded it for a 10.00 rock)

Tonyr, is there such a thing as a crack prob. in your country?
    If not, I'll be there ASAP.. HATE F'ing crackheads..........

(oh.....have a step-brother that is one, and bought a stolen T-230, from a local fence. His wife is stupid enough to take it to a pawn shop (to get more money for crack). The good news is that it went back to the rightful owner. All he saw was a "thin young white man run away with it".

If I was to win the lottery, I would buy all of the equipment I could and give it back to the owners.