Tired of walking

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by longjohn, Aug 14, 2002.

1. longjohn

longjohn LawnSite Member

I have a 44" Toro wb with the "T" bar steering and am considering a velke for it. I would appriciate any input from anyone having the same steering and are useing a velke.
    Thanks.

2. Mataman

Mataman LawnSite Member

get it. or trade it in on a ztr, my legs are never tired:D

3. gravedigger5

gravedigger5 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a single wheel velke and really like it, helps make a neat set of stripes:) but a two wheel velke will work better when ground is soft and wet, won't rut up as bad:confused: JMO Marc

Are We Having Fun Yet???:blob2:

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked around at all the sulky's out there and found the one that Lesco sells best for me. It is the type that follows the mower, not trailers or jack knives. It is a 2 wheel type and the only one my big feet and boots would fit on without anything hanging off the back edge. Easy to remove quickly as well. Look around and you will find what works for you. And you will love not walking as much!

5. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Crazygator you talking about there War Charriot? I use it as well follows the machine , doesnt bounce around , its a very strong setup.Cost around 300$ i think.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

What about a proslide? Always out of the way when you don't need it, and helps stripe. I'm planning on getting one if I can, if I end up buying a W/B.

7. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Definately get a two wheel. One thing to consider is your mower's power. What size enging does it have. If you don't have enough power to do the extra pulling, it would be aggravating and slow. If you have enough power, you'd wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Good luck.

8. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 2 wheel Sulky....On my 32" Toro......T-Bar
    I"m @ 6'1 220 ibs....It pulls w/no problem @ all.

Bottom Line....Good Investment...

Hope this helps on your Question?:D

13 HP Kohler

9. longjohn

longjohn LawnSite Member

Thanks to all. My 44" has a 15 hp Kohler. I have thout about a pro slide. I'm still a rookie and will investigate all of my options. Y'all, as always, have been a great sorce of information.

10. NHLawns

NHLawns LawnSite Member
    from NH

I also have a Toro 44" with the T bar system and put a set of Jungle Whells on it this spring. They work great and are really a time saver as well. I also looked into the proslide but they said the mower might not be big enough.

Hope this helps.

Jim