Tired tired tired

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, May 7, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Losing my motivation already.. I have so much work to do, plenty of money to be made, but I'm almost burnrd out already! I have a nice schedule lined up, its just everything's growing so fast, and the calls for estimates keep coming. I try to be as dependable as possible, but the spring is always crazy. Even a few weeks ago, with the claen ups, people waitied paitently for me, now, with the weelky schedule and lawns needing to be cut closer then 7 days.............. swamped! i'm taking a half day to regain my composure and do a few estimates. feel guilty though.

Another thing, I feel like I'm getting tired more then usaul, any vitamin suggestions, to give me a crackhead rush?

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

uh .. hire an employee

3. BALDEAGLE

BALDEAGLE LawnSite Member

multi-vit. liquid if possible,heavy on the B's they say for energy.
    and i'm not big on rabbit food,but, V-8 IS, imo, ALLWAYS good for a lil' veggie rush.
    bill

4. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

yeah just hire somoene....

5. fga

I have a guy, don't think I make enough to have 2 full timers. Its always crazy this time of year for me, maybe because of my 1 year old daughter, i'm burning out alittle sooner.

6. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean about crazy, but being busy is always a good thing:) Just step back find some time and re-organize and re-energize, you don't want to burn out this early in the season. After all is said & done you'll get fit everything in, but be patient.

7. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i play golf every sunday, it does wonders for energizing the batteries, couple of beers, golf and a few good cigars does the trick for me. tony

8. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

dude, i'm with ya. It's nuts now, but hang in and soon it will be July when all the trimming (shrubs) is done (round 1) and mostly just mowing for a month or so. I work hans solo myself and like it that way, but I can't say no to new work and I've got so much to do I don't think it's possible, but I'm gonna try. Congrats on the kid, think of her college tuition as motivation$ and you'll be just fine. I feel your pain. Ouch. I'm over in Nassau/ Queens border. Same crapola as SI in many ways

9. fga

College tuition? Now i'm tired............and depressed.:( :D

10. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear Im not the only one feeling guilty when taking time off. Ive been busting but 12 to 14 hours daily except Sunday (only 3 or 4 ) & my collage guys start this Monday. This morning, I planned on working, but my kids didnt have school (unused snow day) so I changed plans and took my youngest (6 year old boy) to the zoo. What the heck, everyone needs a day off sometimes