Tires of loosing trimmers? Check these trimmer racks out.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmc456, Oct 26, 2005.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

I just purchased 3 new sets of Jungle Jim's Terminator 1 trimmer racks for my trailers.

They are AWESOME and much different than the old ones have I have and not like shown the thier website. I'll have to post pics.

Anyway, these are only 1 high so the don't beat the hell out of the trimmers while going down the road. They also adjust with rubber pads all around the trimmer so they don't vibrate or move around. The parts that holds it in place is spring loaded so you can't screw it up or forget to lock it down.

Anyone else use the new ones yet. This design may be a year old or so since I haven't purchased any new ones in 1.5 years.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Show some pics.

3. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I don't lose $300.00 pieces of equipment, if an employee does THYE ARE GONE FAST!

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Me, either. Not once in 4 years have I lost a trimmer or a backpack thou I've left one behind before and that is something can happen rack or not.

6. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Found out today somone.. took, or stole my aluminum grading rake from a job site... They missed the stonework box with the dewalt tools in it.

But the worst thing ever stolen.. My car..

I arrived home from the firehouse i volunteer at and I got home about 120 or so am. Well im sittin on the internet about 200 am in bed with the window open when i hear my car start. i look out and the lights turn on and it starts to drive away... O NO. I freaked. ran out side(waited to see where they turned) then ran inside got the car keys( girlfriends BMW) and chased them through downtown annapolis. They ditched it in a ghetto area as I could hear them driving it on the back roads but couldent find them. I called the cops while they were still driving my car and they still never found them. But Imagine a 5'8 white kid in a bmw 330 driving through the ghetto at 2 am in his boxers... I wasnt thinking strait but. I've owned this car since I started my company and alot of sweat and blood went into it. I knew if i lost that guy i would never get my car back..

I got it back, It stays in the back yard behind the trailer, the truck and the explorer.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=120916&page=5

some pictures

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Where is Annapolis did they ditch your car? I am extremely familiar with Annapolis.

To get back on topic...

If you like that style of latch on your rack you should check out www.trimmertrap.com. I have never heard of anybody loosing a trimmer out of one.

8. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

They ditched it in Eastport terrace. EPT. In east port before down town Annapolis

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I used to live on Madison St (30 plus years ago) so I am a little familiar with the area. Hey, do you know Craig Miller of Miller Landscaping? We'll have to get together. I'm in the book under 798. Call me.