Tires: Turf Saver vs Turf Master

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by naturescape, Dec 30, 2003.

1. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an ExM 48" TT. It leaves divots on some turns, especially tender turf, no matter how careful I am with it. Anyone care to guess how much difference I can expect to see if I replace the stock Turf Master tires with the same size in Turf Saver tires?

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

if one wheel remains stationary while turning you will get divots no matter what tire you use.

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

if one wheel remains stationary while turning you will get divots no matter what tire you use.

I would be using counter-rotational turning, but want the tire that offers the best combination of traction and turf-tear resistance.

4. grasscutter122003

grasscutter122003 LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I know that it's hard to do all the time, but you have to pull the inside tire in reverse slightly when spinning around. As long as the tire is rolling it wont scuff. But you have to be careful when you finish the turn and not force that wheel forward too quickly or it will spin.:)

5. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Turf Masters are a more aggressive tread. Turf savers are the optimum tire for w/b's MHO

6. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have Turf Masters on my 44" toro ztr and the tires seem to slip quite easy. Even when I am just going around a curve and i keep the tires moving it still rips up the turf.