Tires-Which Brand?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Mar 18, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

I want to get a new set of tires for my Walker, which brand do you all suggest? Tried to get a set of Kevlar belted tires, but company is out of stock. Looking for something else. What brand are you guys/gals running on your ZTR's? Thank you for your input on this subject.
    Mowman

2. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

Check with Cedar Rapids Tire Co. Believe their web site is http://www.cedarrapidstire.com
    I have the low profile walker tire (Titan Multi Trac size 18X10.50-10) and they were one of the only places I could find that size.
    Cleve.

[Edited by Cleve on 03-18-2001 at 10:58 AM]

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I just put a set of Carlisle Turf Savers on my Gravely Promaster 300 for about 30 bucks apiece at Quality Farm & Fleet. I found out afterward that they were 4 ply rather than two, which is a bit more than I need. (oh well) My Lazer has 24x12-12 Turfmasters though.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I agree with cleve on this. http://www.cedarrapidstire.com has them all, even the 25-12-9 that goes on my diesel Chopper. My other Chopper uses 22-11-8 tires. I use the Turf Boss II tires that come on mine. I'm not sure who makes them for them since it says Dixie Chopper on the tire. This tire website does have lots of choices, even has pictures of the tread.

5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Carlisle Turf Savers with Slime in em'

6. LWNMWRMN

LWNMWRMN Banned

go for the carlise turf MASTER

7. Mowin4cash

Mowin4cash LawnSite Member

I'm still waiting for Goodyear to come out with a speed rated tire for the Dixie Chopper since it is so fast. So for now I'll settle for the oem tire. Doesn't take long to burn those suckers off doing burnouts on the trailer floor. Only guy in the area that routinely smokes the lawnmower tires before and after a job. You know I JUST HAVE to do that to get the best traction. Plus it impresses the girls!