Tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rixtag, Feb 9, 2001.

1. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I am sure that there is 1 billion or so threads already on this subject but I will take all that you can throw at me...bring it on because I don't want to search and you can't make me. LOL But seriously folks, I need 2 tires, turf saver style, 13x6.50-6. Is there a good place online that I can purchase. I have checked locally and I am tired of being insulted with overpriced we-can-get-it-for-you-but-we-have-to-order-it type of things. Long live the internet!!!! Please help!!!

Rick

2. The 15 x 6.00 x 6 are cheaper, they ride better when using a sulky, and increaces ground speed by .7 mph.

I call a 1-800# and order from http://www.proparts.com which is also a toro and exmark dealer in NH. They ship free if you order $150 at a clip. What I do is make a $150+ "stock" order in a week or so. I keep a inventory of all the most used replacement parts for gear drive toros. Even a x-tra tranny.

E mail them and request a catalog. The catolog lists normal replacement parts for ALL kinds of mowers. Plus the sell toro and exmark oem parts so I can get everything I need with just one phone call. I no longer deal with the toro dealer in town.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The local tire shop stocks these (similar size not the same, I dont think) and they were cheaper than LSC, Thomas, etc. Carlisle

4. Kirk Kempen

Kirk Kempen LawnSite Member

Try http://www.tiresunlimited.com; They have a good selection of small tires, quick service, and great prices. If you'd rather call them, their number is: (800) 628-4737.

5. MTS Services

MTS Services LawnSite Member
    from utah

hey,rixtag i cant really help you with your tires delima but i ould like to know what part of utah you are in.

6. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

7. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

8. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

Thanks everyone for the information. I am feeling better already. Thanks again.

PS. MTS I live in orem. How about you?

9. rixtag

from Lehi Ut

Stone, I am always looking to go faster, thanks, but how will that affect my cutting height and will I need to get bigger fronts or not (to keep my blades paralell)?
    eXmark 36 belt drive

thanks

Rick

10. MTS Services

MTS Services LawnSite Member
    from utah

thanks, rixtag Ilive in Layton, just wanted to see how close we were to each other.