tires

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by maxkicker, May 21, 2006.

1. maxkicker

maxkicker LawnSite Member

what kind of tires do u guys use on your z turns ?
    i use the turf tires they came with, the heavier tractors have to be babied when turning or they will leave a mark

i have seen brickman using very aggresive treads on there dixie choppers but have to wonder how they do on softer terain

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Brickman using Dixie Choppers? Here in NC all they use is eXmark.

3. maxkicker

im in maryland i have actually seen the larger companys using different brands over the years sun landscape whos pretty big here seems to switch alot... but yah brickman cut a 2 acre lot beside one of mine with dixies

i loved the old exmarks mid 90s but the last one i bought 04 is junk imo it will steady spin on the driest lawn same as the 03 toro ive been switching to gravely

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Then if they are using Dixie's that is the tire that comes stock on them as they use an "agri" style tire on their mowers, so it isn't something Brickman changed them to.

5. maxkicker

gravely offers aggresive style tires as a option but they are stock with turf tires i was just wondering what others here use and why

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Brickman runs Dixies? I 've only seen them run exmark and scag. If they change anything, they put cheaper tires on like tractor tires to replace the smooth fronts. I've never seen them opt to put more expensive stuff on a machine. Not the way the machines get beat on.

7. maxkicker

lol damb guys get off the brickman and tell what type of tire you prefer and why