Tires

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BOTURF, Nov 10, 2002.

1. BOTURF

BOTURF LawnSite Senior Member

Its time for a new set of tires on my 99 dodge 3500 dually and i want to get something that will preform good as well as look good too . So what does everyone sugest ? It has on it now i think firestone steeltex radial a/t 235/85 r16

2. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I had the Firestone Steeltex AT on my truck and I just replaced them after 61,000 miles. I bought the same tires, they wore good and gave good traction. Hard to ask for more than what they did. That's good miles for a truck I thought. Plus they were only $120 each mounted and balanced. Also, only had to buy three because of full size spare I had. They put the best used one for the spare. :)

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i just put steeltex 265 75r 16s on my truck. got em mounted for $105 a piece. great tire, like em so far.

5. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I liked the Steeltex for mileage. But when the road is wet and you got big power like I do, and you get down on the throttle the Steeltexes have a tendancy to break loose even on just water, no ice. That is my only complaint.
    Plus the fact that you guys can buy cheaper than I can for the same thing. :(

6. Brickman

7. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I had the Steeltex tires on my Ford F-250 that came stock on it. I replaced them with the same. If it aint broke dont fix it.

8. Randy Scott

All pickups lack traction when there is no load or weight behind them. Adjust your driving to the conditions.

9. Brickman

Is that the problem? I thought I should be able to run hammer down all the time. :D :D

10. Randy Scott