Tires?

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by Phishook, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Will 24x12-12 Turf Masters fit on the older Chariot Sr.?

2. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Phishook,

The Chariot Senior can be run with the D28261 Tire and Rim Assembly which mounts a 24-12X12 tire.
    The fender is close but there is no contact.

Thanks,

John Joensen

3. Phishook

Put them on today.

However, there is a bolt head that rubs the side wall of the tire. It's just on the left side, it cleared on the right side. It is just a light rub, but over time it could start to cut into it.

What would work best to fix this? Put some spacers under/inside the rim, change the bolt to a rounded head, that's all I can think of right now.

4. John Joensen

John Joensen LawnSite Member

Phishook,

Check you tire pressure. The recommended tire pressure is 14-16PSI. This will deflate the tire and allow more than enough clearance for the bolt head.

John Joensen

5. Phishook

Had 10lbs. in them. I just took the bolt out. There was six holding the fender on, I'm sure five will be fine.

6. Phishook

well, that didn't solve it. The real scraping occered while mowing on slopes. The weight of the machine caused the tire to flex, and pushed the machine into the tire.

I increased the pressure to 18lbs. I hope this will stiffen the side walls. There was more than one bolt, they rubbed on both sides against the fenders.