Discussion in 'eXmark' started by SpooksLazerZ, May 19, 2004.

1. SpooksLazerZ

SpooksLazerZ LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner with a Lazer Z purchased 8/2001. Having frequent flat tires (mainly front) due to thorns from locust trees, etc. Have tried SLIME in tires, but doesn't seem to work very good. Tires now have many plugs each. Saw similar looking tires in Northern Tool catalog that were supposedly solid rubber. What does ExMark know about the use of solid front tires, or what recommendations do you have to help eliminate the problem (other than obviously removing the trees).
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Exmarks official policy is that we do not recommend them. My personal opinion is that.................I agree with Exmark. I've seen some machines and operators get plenty beat up using these types of tires. I've also seen solid tires come apart in chunks or separate from the rim. I assure you there are better solutions on the horizon.

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

If it's what I'm thinking I'll be in line for them.
    Don't have trouble with flats,but I'm not interested in testing it either.
    Let us know when it happens.
  4. SpooksLazerZ

SpooksLazerZ LawnSite Member

I'd be happy to help with any ongoing R&D efforts that are being made to improve your tires. Down-time doesn't cost me $$$. Finding a solution to checking, filling, and plugging every other day would be well worth the hassel to me.

5. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Check with your local dealer for the commercial "Slime Type" additive. Gemplers is good as well. I added it to my fronts and I have way less flats!