Tis the season for brush hogging...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gcbailey, Jun 10, 2013.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

At the time of purchase last year it was a $3k price difference. Now its PRICELESS!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

This is turning into a neat little thread...
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. InTheCut

InTheCut LawnSite Member

Oh well at least I have a canopy.

100_8539.jpg

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone have any input on the bigger kiotos? 66hp or so

Jacob cab you're tractor pick up a pallet of pavers? 3200 lbs or so

It'll be used for snow and bush hogging.

I'm trying to get the biggest smallest tractor I can. I'm not interested in 80+HP now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing LawnSite Senior Member

I had a Kioti 20hp. I really liked it. I sold it to get a 30hp machine with a FEL. Only thing I hated with the Kioti is that it was shuttle shift and didnt have a loader. But it ran a 5' cutter with ease. It was solid and capable little tractor. I really liked it. I replaced it with a 2005 Kubota and I feel that the quality was higher with the Kioti. Granted, my Kioti had 500 hours and the Kubota has 1600. But the Kubota feels sloppy compared to the Kioti. I would def. check them out and wouldn't write them off as a cheap chinese model like most people do.

6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Kioti is the trade name given to tractors sold in the USA that are made by Daedong in South Korea. They are a far cry better than the chinese made tractors, which are pretty much all cheaply made crap.

7. whiffyspark

I've been looking at L's too they make some new Hollands. I have a Deere now but I don't care for the dealers here. It was fine when my dad was in business but the last 10 years everything changed. They took 4 months last time and charged 4 grand for an injection pump and trans flush
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. whiffyspark

I was hoping to find something that'll pick a pallet of pavers up but not be ridocously huge. Big thing is I want a cab this time. I HATE not having a cab lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I've moved full pallets of sod. Some fairly large oak stumps. I want to make a 500# ballast box for the rear so I can take my bushhog off when doing loader work and landscaping.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Yea, I run all Deere equipment, but the next one will be another brand unless something used comes along that is to my liking. Deere corp has gotten too big for their britches anymore. I am not a fan of the Kubby's as far as looks go, but they are great tractors. I have a canopy, but would like the cab for sure, especially when running the two stage snow blower.