Titan or Hillsboro flatbed gooseneck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by dirtybiz, Apr 15, 2008.

1. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Hey guys, what would you rather have a titan or hillsboro 25' 14k gooseneck? I need another gooseneck trailer. I have a 29' tandem dually titan and it has got the job done. Was just wondering if the hillsboro w/the different tongue might tow better (also a bit more money $200-300).

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I like Titan trailers. They are heavy though. does one stand out more than the other? Not really, in my opinion.

3. dirtybiz

dirtybiz LawnSite Senior Member
    from MT

Ended up going for the titan 25' 14k. I payed $5,800 for it, and they wanted $6,400 for the hillsboro after alot of work on them. The titan seemed to be have alot more for the money. Titan (torsion axles) Hillsboro (spring axles Titan (led lights) Hillsboro (regular lights), etc.. Plus i have several other titans and have had good luck. I can say this one pulls like a dream compared to my 29' 20k tandem dually!! So far so good, got the T250 on it right now.

4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I think you made the right decision. For a trailer that size I don't think I would monkey spring axles. Torsion would be the way to go.