1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Titanium trimmer line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnchopper, Jun 20, 2004.

1. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

I know its problably a gimick but I tried this Titanium trimmer line made by Husquavarna. It does seem to last alittle longer and also cuts better.... I think its the design of the line using .095 dia feels like your using .080 dia Its a round line that sorta dimpled it cuts smoother also and it really isnt that much more expensive. Im sure the Titanium has nothing to do with anything but sales part I think they just spray alittle of it on there just to say it has Titanium in it. The way its cuts is enough for me to buy a spool of the stuff
    any experiance with it anyone??
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

trimmer line will keep changing in an attempt to reduce the OSHA noise restrictions!
  3. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have used it, it does last a long time and is very quiet. It does not seem to cut as well as the square stuff I use though.
  4. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

that reminds me it isnt as noisy.....cuts back on the loud hissing sound the line makes
  5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I tried a container of it this year. I wasnt all that impressed to be honest with you. I noticed no difference at all. To me, trimmer line is trimmer line. By the biggest spool you can get, for the best price. Just my opinion.
  6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I am using the titanium line at present.

I bought the size recommended for my trimmer but I think I coudda gone up a size without any problems.

I like the stuff OK so it's worth a try, IMO.

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I liked the stuff. I am still a fan of buying the most line I can get for the least amount of money. I have however found what lines work the best for the different clients I have. Some lines work better on fence lines and some work better for regular trimming and edging.
  8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems to last a lot longer than the standard type of trimmer line available at Home Depot, but I can't compare it to other types of line. I use it and like it.
  9. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Soak it in water before using it.Water makes it much tougher.I keep mine in a bucket of water on the trailer.
  10. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

how much line do some of you solo guys go through per year?