Titles

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Itsgottobegreen, May 17, 2005.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I know a while ago lawnsite changed everybody's titles here. I used to be call an addict, now I am a bronze member.

Anyways. I think we need to add another line under that. For more titles Like:

Homeowner (you can figure this out)
    Start up (Guys that are thinking about becoming a LCO or are in their first year of business
    Part time grass (Guy that have been in business more than a year and only cut part time)
    Full time grass (Guy that have been in business more than a year and cuts full time)
    Full time full service (Guy that have been in business more than a year and offer every service (grass to landscape))
    Landscape/hardscape (Guy that have been in business more than a year and does just landscaping and hardscapes)
    Mulch guy (for guys like groundcover solutions, I don't want to leave anyone out)
    Fert/Pest (guys that just do fert and pest work)

So everybody knows who and what time of people we are dealing with out looking at their profile.

It might be a good idea.

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

good idea. anyone else want to chime in>?

3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

Whats to keep people honest? I could put under my title "jesus christ". Who is to say I am not him?

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

ME........ Jesus did not lie :D

5. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll 2nd that.........

On topic.....I'll put in my worthless .02 & say there's definitely enough labeling, branding, categorizing, naming, blah blah blah.......in addition to loads of separate forums & such. I'm sure there will be more of these things added in the future but how much is enough? Seriously, there's so many sub-groups & forums & everything else it would take 3 work days to go through it all.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing........but pretty soon there's gonna be over 27,000 forums here, basically a personal one for every member that will start looking something like this:

"start up guy that's over 17 years old but under 25 years old living in ___ (fill in the blank county) that has a question to ask only of those members who are in the same aforementioned age bracket and geographical location, but who also have no other source of income besides lawn care, also no scrub talk allowed, has to have lettering on his company trucks (Chevy preferred), gotta have belt drive only mowers, smokes while working accounts, does no more than 12.5 % of his business in landscaping vs. staight up lawn maintenance." - Please, if you're a member here on the same page with me help me with this situation I have a question on..........

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

For got to add
    Minor (for all the under 18 guys.)

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

how about we pick our own titles? makes more sense that way. nobody get offended, because they were "labeled" and we can all be happy. or just get rid of the title thing all together.

we are able to use our own avatars, so why can't we use our own titles?

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I think yours will be blasphemer!

9. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

I am sooo sorry I hurt your feelings about god.... And I am sooo sorry that you can't see the forrest for the trees.

My point was that there is no way to prove if someone is a homeowner, part time, full time or anything else. The whole thing is just plain stupid.

10. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

No. I'm Jesus Christ.

I agree that there would be little value because anyone can call themselves anything. Of course, they can do that with their profile too.

It might be interesting to be able to rate the value of a given response and then have the user's overall rating displayed. Maybe even have ratings by category, to match the thread categories.

That might create some new problems, but it would be interesting and it would give the lurkers a way to be heard.